This position is ultimately responsible for maintaining and preserving the beauty, health, and landscape design integrity of the resorts grounds including its stunning gardens.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· As Grounds Manager, the position entails collaboration and coordination with landscape architect and other team members on resort-wide development plans, designs, and timed installations according to the design intent, operating company, and property owned by others located on the resort campus (HOA’s and some individual owners).
Responsible for hiring, training, managing, and supervising activities of workers engaged in landscape maintenance on the property, including lawn and planting bed care, pruning, mulching, transplanting, removals, and ordering/purchasing new plants based on design intentions
· As Horticulturist, the position requires the observation and health care of plants and soil throughout the property, plant cultivation, pest and disease control, watering and drainage conditions, tree/shrub/perennial pruning, seasonal garden and container rotations, and anything else related to maintaining the health and beauty of the plant materials throughout the designed landscapes and gardens
The Manager of Horticulture and Grounds reports directly to Resort Operating Company and works closely with its development company, Crystal Properties, Inc.
· Hires, supervises, schedules, reviews, and trains assigned employees; conducts staff meetings; trains staff on equipment usage, proper soil and plant care techniques, and safety requirements; keeps employee records; evaluation of employees; administrative duties
· Liaison between the Crystal Operations and Development Teams, Property Management, Administration, and outside contractors for project development
· Manages Grounds Department budgets, including HOA’s, and allocates expenditures
· Determines equipment needs, manages physical resources, procures necessary tools, materials, and equipment
· Manages, coordinates, and facilitates outside contractors hired for irrigation, arbor care, pond maintenance and any others
· Oversees purchase and application of fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides
· Orders and purchases seasonal plant materials, replacement plants, new plants, mulch, and other necessary landscape materials
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum 5 years related horticulture experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture/Plant Science (preferred) or related field or Certified Horticulturist, or Master Gardener
· Licensed/Registered Pesticide Technician/Applicator (required)
· Equivalent Combination of related education and/or experience that enables performance of all job duties and responsibilities
Physical & Other Requirements:
· Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
· Ability to work outdoors, in varying weather conditions.
· Ability to bend, squat, climb, push and pull.
· Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
· Minimum 18 years old.
· Must have unrestricted and insurable driving record.
· Non-smoking candidates preferred.