Why Apply to Johnson's Landscaping?
Love what you do, who you do it with, and enjoy great earning potential.
Excellent potential to earn 60K – 100k in year 1 (depending on sales) and much more thereafter. Full time, year-round with benefits.
Who We Are
We are seeking one landscape designer to join our team and embrace our five core values:
We have integrity and accountability.
We are enthusiastic and hardworking.
We solve problems creatively by asking the right questions.
We promote our company reputation.
We are a compassionate family business.
Who You Are
- Extensive knowledge of hardscape design is required, specifically designing of patios, retaining walls, outdoor kitchens, fire pits, water features, outdoor lighting, and steps.
- Knowledge of common plant material used in Mid-Atlantic landscapes is a must, and tree removal knowledge is a bonus.
- The Designer will travel to clients' homes for design consulting.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) in Landscape Design or Architecture or similar field a plus.
- Assist customers with any questions they may have about a design in an efficient, friendly, and professional manner.
- Be proficient in one of the following: Dynascape, CAD, Sketch Up, two-dimensional drawing, and/or other specialized tools for creating landscape designs.
- Assess and quantify items and products for projects
- Develop and deliver presentations to clients in an efficient and timely manner.
- Build strong relationships with subcontractors and clients while projecting a professional image and positive attitude.
- Prepare detailed and landscape plans and construction drawings (when needed)
- Provide design and material alternatives to meet client objectives/budget
- As needed, manage permitting process related to landscape/hardscape construction and perform site visits during construction and review field changes.
- Design both large-scale and small-scale projects
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with the DC and Montgomery County permitting process.
- Self-motivated, sense of urgency to produce high quality work and manage multiple priorities.
- Be well organized and work within deadlines.
Portfolio of work is a Must.
Step 1: Send resumes to Jeff Miller at email@example.com. In the body of your email, notify Jeff that you have completed steps 1 and 2 of the application.
Step 2: Complete our application online at https://www.jlsinc.net/about/careers/.
Job Types: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
We follow all CDC recommendations, where applicable. As CDC's recommendations change, our precautions change.
- Do you presently live within 15 miles of Washington, DC and Montgomery County, MD?
- Landscape Design: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: On the road