At Cortland, you map the story of your success. We don't adhere to the status quo, we love outside industry perspective, and we thrive on exploring possibilities and reimagining solutions. As an innovative leader in multifamily, our high performance continues to drive exponential growth – and we invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge your own career path, love what you do, and let it show.
As a Regional Landscape Manager (RLM), you oversee all landscape activities related to the Investments, Development, and Operations teams. You are also responsible for overseeing the lifecycle of projects and ensuring quality deliverables are on time and within budget
- Support the Operations teams by utilizing knowledge of the green industry to provide a quality landscape maintenance program for each community
- Select qualified vendors, design color programs to accent our communities, monitor quality control, and provide budgets for all landscape-related services
- Consult with market leaders to produce yearly operational and capital expense budgets
- Communicate with city regulatory agencies if permits are needed to produce any landscape projects
- Attend weekly DO meetings and report on related landscape activity for assigned regions
- Visit each site on a monthly basis with assigned maintenance partner to ensure contractual compliance
- Work with the Investments team to ensure they have valid numbers related to landscape maintenance and upgrade projects when new acquisitions are made, including identifying deficiencies in proper landscape maintenance costs, potential expenditures related to arbor care, drainage, and city/state regulated landscape items not noted in due diligences
- Coordinate with the third-party Landscape Architect to develop a landscape drawing package on newly acquired communities
- Select a qualified landscape partner for assigned markets by conducting ample research
- Perform area site audit walks with the selected Landscape Contractor and Landscape Architect to ensure quality and discuss schedule compliance
- Coordinate and manage any ancillary services related to the scope of work, including, but not limited to, irrigation, lighting, drainage, tree work, hardscape additions, etc.
- Report on cost implications and present any scope increases or decreases to the prospective team
- Vet all drawings provided and give feedback for long-term functional maintenance practices
- Price and track upgrades, capital expense, tree work, irrigation repairs, scopes, and specifications per item and area while managing the process from inception to completion
- Maintain a tactical focus on project progress and milestones, identifying and managing critical path items to keep projects on schedule
- Conduct site reconnaissance and manage the compilation and research of all project background information and base material
- Set goals around providing a sustainable environment while aiding in the long-term care of our natural resources
- Develop site analysis based on the research conducted and information gathered
- Prepare and manage project scopes of work
- Develop and communicate strategies for meeting project objectives
The Impact You Can Make
- The EVP of Operations & Facilities could not be happier because all of your landscape projects are completed on time, within budget, and at the highest quality.
- Construction, Design, and Operations teams feel confident they can meet the goals you set because your thorough research has ensured such accuracy in your projections.
- Thanks to your flawless execution of their setup, progress reports are easily updated and followed across the project team.
- Stellar 7+ years’ experience in the green industry with working knowledge of business accounting, P&L statements, and horticulture practices
- Knowledgeable in construction documentation, design/industry standards, and codes; accurate production, review, and editing of drawings and written documentation
- Solid ability to manage project team members and advance design work
- Exceptional organizational, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Highly effective written, verbal, and graphic communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites, MS Office and various costing and estimating programs