The Business Manager is responsible for the following core functions program functions for the Green Leaf Plants product lines and programs: product offering, product costing, pricing, program & pricing management with distributors, and management of the Customer Service team with overseeing responsibilities for order management and invoicing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities for Business Manager:
- Determine and communicate the product offering, including varieties, pricing, discounts, sales, and master data, internally, and to distributors, sales reps, and customers
- Maintain general ledger and revenue mapping tables in the AS/400.
- Roll up individual cost center budgets into an all-comprehensive PA GLP budget summary
- Oversee the generation of quarterly/semi-annually/annual royalty reporting
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the administrative staff including Customer Service Representatives, the Inside Sales Support Representative, the Billing Clerk and Receptionist
- Review and approve/reject customers’ requests for credit
- Collaborate with PPIC Manager, Managing Director, and Sales Support to determine the annual unit sales forecast
- Provide content for catalog, Annual Newcomers Brochure, Sell Sheets, Ad copy, and Open House.
- Collaborate with Sales Support, Managing Director, and Marketing Manager for promotional activities.
- Determine and publish freight rates and special freight rate programs
- When requested, attend industry events; exhibit at trade shows; staff trade show booth
Job Requirements for Business Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in horticulture or business from a four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 4 years of horticulture industry experience
- Must be highly proficient in Excel, Pivot Tables, AS400, and SAP
- Previous management experience
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.