About the Company
Based in Fort Mill, South Carolina, FastGrowingTrees.com is a private equity back business that is a part of the Berkshire Partners portfolio.
Fast Growing Tress.com was built with a single mission in mind-to deliver superior trees and plants that customers can count on, directly to their front door.
Fast Growing Trees offers consumers a broad variety of high-quality trees and shrubs through its branded websites fastgrowingtrees.com, brighterblooms.com, and plantingtree.com. The company provides customers with a best-in-class e-commerce experience and access to more than 1,200 varieties of trees, plants, and shrubs that are available for nationwide home delivery, typically within three days of placing an order. Fast Growing Trees sources its products from a geographically diverse network of trusted suppliers and has built a reputation in the marketplace for offering high-quality products and superior customer service.
About the Position
Fast Growing Trees is seeking someone with a passion for plants to join our team as Head Grower in Bishopville, SC. The Head Grower will work closely with their counterpart -Nursery Manager- at their specific location to run the entire facility.
- Oversee production and growing of general line of container grown nursery stock including evergreens, ornamental and flowering shrubs, edibles, fruit, shade, and ornamental trees
- Coordinate production plans including liner and input planning, labor scheduling, space and location planning, and management of workforce accounting for given weather conditions, equipment availability, and other seasonal factors.
- Collaborates with Plant Health Manager to produce and maintain high quality, healthy plants, and growing facilities
- Assures all safety rules and policies are in place and always followed
- Assists with proper inventory management including all potting, consolidation, and scrap reporting
- Maintain irrigation schedules and system for proper seasonal schedules and continual maintenance
- Conducts daily crop scouting, reporting on any IPM or irrigation related issues
- 5+ years of experience in container nursery stock production -A MUST
- Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture or related field- preferred
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Self-starter, works well under pressure, ability to multi-task
- Computer literate, including Windows based software including but not limited to Excel and Word
- Ability to obtain SC Pesticide applicators license
- Must have experience managing IPM programs including planning, implementation, and follow up
- Analytical and inquisitive, not afraid to ask questions or offer new ideas
- Must have reliable transportation
- Willingness to work weekends as needed
- Willing to help in other areas of the nursery depending on the time of the year/season
- Able to repetitively bend, stretch, reach, lift, stand, and walk with unrestricted motion. Able to remain on feet for majority of the day. Can lift 50 pounds or more with or without accommodations
- IPM: 2 years (Required)
- Horticulture: 2 years (Required)
- Demand planning: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Willingness to travel up to 25% (Preferred)
About the Perks
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Fast Growing Trees, LLC values diversity and the skills, knowledge and experience that difference brings to our culture. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location where we operate.
Please contact Tania Jackson for more information at (254) 449-1743 or email if you’re interested in applying at firstname.lastname@example.org