Landscape Project Manager
Hudson Valley Native Landscaping is looking for an experienced, full-time project manager for work in the Mid-Hudson Valley. Winter office work is available immediately in preparation for spring planting.
We are a rapidly growing, full-service company that designs and installs native landscapes, provides woodland restoration, and invasive species removal for residential clients in Ulster and Dutchess Counties. We do not mow lawns or blow leaves; we provide “enlightened” landscaping services.
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated, dependable leader to join our management team. We are perfectly positioned to take advantage of the native revolution in landscaping. This is a golden career opportunity for a self-motivated individual with excellent managerial skills and a real passion for the ecology of the environment. Your qualifications and duties will be:
· Planning projects: site preparation; planting; and maintenance
· Supervising, managing, and working alongside a team
· Training and mentoring team members
· Communicating with team leaders and team members
· Setting and communicating daily goals
· Managing and solving daily problems on-site
· Ensuring that all required tools are on site
· Setting up mulch, compost, and plant deliveries
· Providing follow-up landscape maintenance
· Sourcing and ordering plants
· Interacting with clients and subcontractors
· Keeping accurate record keeping & data entry
· Invoicing clients
· Taking incoming client calls
· Scheduling deliveries
· 5-10 years of experience in a landscaping supervisory position
· Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or other plant science
· Knowledge of the botanical names of plants
· Some plant pathology knowledge
We also welcome less experienced, quality people who are capable of growing into a larger role. This is a rewarding position that will make full use of your proficiency in both field work and team management. The right individual will be entering a successful, bustling, full-service business, at a senior level position. Pay will be commensurate with overall experience.