DCA Outdoor, Inc, is a values based, purpose driven organization. Handling corporate services to our family of 12 brands, we operate in 6 states, have 600+ employees with revenues of $99mm. We have revolutionized the green industry and have a bold story to tell about how we’re working to save our planet through green goods and a national, vertically integrated supply chain. An industry leader in innovation, market share growth, plant technology, supply chain, and people strategies, we are accelerating our growth strategies on our journey to $1 billion in revenues and won’t stop until we get there.
DCA Outdoor is seeking a Chief Operating Officer - Distribution, an executive level position, reporting to the CEO.
The Chief Operating Officer - Distribution will lead the distribution division of DCA Outdoor, currently comprised of four distribution companies, in three states. This role is a vital part of the enterprise providing leadership, sales & operations strategy, execution & management, and vision to ensure the continuous development of infrastructure, systems, and processes needed for optimal performance. With DCA Outdoors focus on accelerated profitable GROWTH, this individual’s focus will be heavily weighted on delivering innovation & differentiation to the marketplace while scaling the infrastructure and leadership.
The Chief Operating Officer - Distribution will have a strong external focus, understanding customer needs, expertise in revenue generation, warehouse and site distribution, supply chain, and national logistics with the business experience to guide the growth and financial success of the distribution division. They will build a high performing culture develop clear metrics, hold their team accountable and set challenging goals for the distribution companies within DCA Outdoor.
- Provide organizational leadership by establishing and communicating expectations and providing a clear vision
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with leaders across the company and within the industry
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable a team of leaders
- Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Maintain awareness of the competitive landscapes, opportunities for expansion, new site and customer acquisition, market needs, and new industry developments and standards
- Create strategic & long-term plans and annual goals and then make the goals a reality through division directors
- Participate in the development of the enterprise’s plans and programs as a supportive strategic partner
- Lead division planning on a regular cadence and set objectives accordingly
- Make regular visits to existing and potential production sites throughout the country
- Stay informed of and understand all aspects of production farming and management, including regulations, organizational policies, and possible new technologies and practices
- Build and monitor budget performance as well as ensure budget key performance indicators are met
- Evaluate performance to goal continually to determine operational adjustments needed in the product life cycle
- Collaborate with the executive leadership team to drive company vision, operational strategy, and annual budget
- Inventory oversight, planning, and forecasting to achieve revenue plans and optimize operational efficiency
- Procurement of equipment, resources, and materials
Skills, Characteristics, & Abilities:
- Sales minded, competitive and energized by generating revenue and profit
- High-intellectual horsepower; able to see across a business P&L and understand the implications of their decision making in all aspects of the business
- Creative and ‘out-of-the-box’ thinker; consistently brings new ideas and strategies to the table beyond the pre-existing playbook
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence & proven success developing leadership
- Coach mentality. Always coaching for success.
- Analytical and strategic mindset
- Driven, self-starter, confident decision maker
- Ability to translate corporate goals into executable plans while understanding risks, threats, and opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate with individuals across all functions and levels
- Required: Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred: Master’s degree in business, finance, or supply chain
- Required: 10+ years’ experience successfully leading in a senior or executive role
- Required: 5+ years’ experience in managing department/division revenue goals
We honor our core values and expect our employees to as well. They are work hard, take pride in your work, be optimistic and respectful, show commitment, and continually grow.
We invite individuals who think like we do and will position us for major organizational growth to apply today. Join us in revolutionizing the green industry!
If you meet the criteria for this position, please apply today.
All applicants will be required to take the Culture Index survey. If you’d like to be considered faster, please copy and paste the following into your browser to complete the survey now: https://go.apply.ci/s/A550CC0000