Bilingual Tree Grower
Valley Hill, Springfield, KY, US
30+ days ago
Requisition ID: 1547
Applyto Bilingual Tree Grower
Schwope Brothers Tree Farms has grown to be one of the largest producers of fruit, shade, and ornamental trees for the northern tree market. However, being around for decades and becoming one of the largest producers doesn’t mean we’re using conventional growing methods. Through our commitment to innovation, and years of experimental research by some of the industry’s most brilliant growers, we have pioneered an entirely new way to grow finished trees. We do it in less time, with healthier root systems, while honoring our commitment to reduce our carbon footprint. And it isn’t just our growing technique that sets us apart, we also utilize our patented PlantRight woven packages to finish our trees. Its special design allows in light, and it specifically allows for air and solar root pruning, which creates a denser fibrous root system. This entire process was designed to give the tree a better chance to grow in the landscapes of America. We take pride in the fact that our trees have a higher sustainability and transplant rate than other growers.
Our Kentucky Farm is looking for a talented grower who will help us move the tree industry into the future.
- Team Management: Lead, manage, and hold accountable the Area Crew/Section Leaders to manage, produce, and maintain overall plant quality according to the production plan
- Inventory Control: Ensure all growing areas maintain an accurate inventory through cycle counts and perform inventory audits, as necessary
- Plant Health Development: Develop a plant health compliance plan to implement with all area crew/section leaders
- Production Planning: Work closely with the Production Manager to implement the production plan according to the sales plan and production schedules
- Training: Train Area Crew/Section Leaders to use growing space appropriately by developing a laydown plan per section and per bed to facilitate inventory counts
- Resource Management: Manage the oversite of assigned equipment and facilities
The Right Candidate Will:
- Be a Hands-On Team Leader
- Thrive in training people on processes
- Aspire to be part of a company making an impact in the industry
- Bring expert knowledge of the tree production cycle
- Have previous experience in growing and finishing tree crops
- Have experience with the cultural maintenance aspects of growing B&B trees
- Demonstrate strong execution & follow through skills
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Required: 3 years of being in a Supervisor or Management of people role
- Required: 5 years of experience managing B&B tree production
- Required: Ability to become IPM certified
- Preferred: College Degree in Horticulture or related field
- Required: Bilingual in Spanish and English
Benefits you will Enjoy:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance 1st of the month after 30 days
- Generous 401k match with immediate vesting
- Company paid life insurance, STD, & LTD
- PTO and paid holidays
- Company culture centered around growth and innovation
- Career development & recognition
DCA Outdoor, Inc, is a values based, purpose driven organization in service to our family of 12 brands. We operate in 6 states, have 700 employees with revenues of $99mm. We have revolutionized the green industry through national, vertical integration. An industry leader, our mission is to cultivate growth for our customers, our employees, our company, and our world.
Our Definite Chief Aim (DCA) is to streamline the production and distribution of landscape products. We are focused on growth, innovation, and collaboration, and believe these are the keys to our continued success and will have the highest impact on our world.
We honor our core values and expect our employees to as well. They are work hard, take pride in your work, be optimistic and respectful, show commitment, and continually grow.
We invite individuals who think like we do and will position us for major organizational growth to apply today. Join us in revolutionizing the green industry!
If you meet the criteria for this position, please apply today. Either through this ad or by going to our website at www.dcaoutdoor.com/careers.
All applicants will be required to take the Culture Index survey. If you’d like to be considered faster, please copy and paste the following into your browser to complete the survey now: https://go.apply.ci/s/A550CC0000