- Maintains garden area on a daily basis through weeding, watering, edging, grooming, and removal of debris, and small adjustments in irrigation.
- Under direct supervision, performs pruning, planting, transplanting, clearing, fertilizing, and weed control.
- Will be asked to perform duties in other areas of the Public Gardens at the Huntington as needed.
- Adheres to written safety policy, follows all precautions and directions in use of equipment and chemicals.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of grounds maintenance, such as general cultivation requirements of plants; should possess basic pruning and planting skills; must be able to perform weed and pest control; and have basic irrigation knowledge.
- Must be detail oriented, selective pruning experience preferable.
- Must be in good physical condition in order to stoop, bend, walk long distances and lift moderate (and occasionally heavy) loads.
- Must be competent in the proper use of hand tools, blowers, edgers and other powered equipment as required.
- Garden maintenance experience required.
- Course work in horticulture helpful.
- Works outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and perks for all eligible employees including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 403(b) basic retirement plan and optional matching retirement plan with an outstanding employer match
- Hybrid remote work schedule available for applicable positions
- Considerable paid time off, including annual leave, sick leave, and holidays
- Commuter benefits (pre-tax income for mass transit expenses and free parking)
- Discounts for staff in The Huntington Store and restaurants
- Access to the Museums Council pass, which grants free admission to various museums and cultural institutions
- Free passes each month to welcome family and friends to visit the grounds