Do you enjoy climbing and fine pruning large trees? Have you always wanted to achieve something great? Do you have a passion for safety and teamwork? We are looking for the right team member to grow with us and help influence the arboriculture industry.
We are looking for a dedicated and knowledgeable Crew Leader to join our growing team! Ahlum & Arbor is a full-service arboriculture business focusing on tree preservation and fine pruning! We are family owned and have been serving Central Ohio as one of the top arboriculture companies for over 40 years. We work hard to provide our team with training opportunities to advance their careers and knowledge. Our goal is to enhance and preserve trees and the surrounding environment while setting new standards in the arboriculture industry. Tree preservation is our way of life.
Our team is centered around our values of quality, reliability, safety, ethics, family, and knowledge. We take pride in our industry-leading, scientifically based tree care services and safety standards. We work hard to maintain the highest level of quality and reliable services.
We are a TCIA Accredited company, member of the Ohio Chapter ISA, and a leader in the industry. We currently have two locations in Central Ohio, striving towards our goal of becoming a top regional company.
At Ahlum & Arbor we provide top pay and benefits, educational opportunities, and a supportive culture. Our ideal candidate is someone with a minimum of 2 years experience leading a crew and 3-5 years in the arboriculture industry. We are offering up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus and all-expenses-paid relocation package.
As an Ahlum & Arbor Crew Leader you are responsible for overseeing teams of employees and motivating them to complete their job duties in line with company standards and values. You will help train employees, provide team members with daily objectives, and oversee the productivity and quality of your teams.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the flow of day-to-day operations within your team and job
- Responsible for quality and productivity of your team on each job
- Assign tasks to team members
- Determine the completion timeline and monitor progress to keep the job on track and on schedule
- Communicate clear instructions to team members
- Update manager on the team’s progress
- Ensure each job meets the Ahlum & Arbor standard and that all aspects of the work are completed to company expectations
- Responsible for the safety of all team members
- Train team members in all job functions to be an effective productive team
- Fill out required and proper paperwork and/or software for each task and job
- Communicate with manager and sales arborist on status of job, or issues on job
- Maintain all gear, equipment, and vehicles assigned to the crew in good working order
Skills and Qualifications:
- The ability to develop, implement, and assess performance metrics
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, and safety practices
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Strong customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Plant and horticulture knowledge
- ISA Certified Arborist
Ahlum & Arbor Benefits:
- On the job training and extended education
- Advancement opportunities
- Full medical, vision, and dental benefits, 401(k), 401(k) matching, and life insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Compensation based on qualifications and experience
- Year-round work
Hourly Range: $25 – 40/hour depending on skills and experience