White Flower Farm in Morris, Connecticut is seeking a full-time, salaried, benefits eligible, Horticulture Nursery Crop Manager (Field Manager). The Field Manager provides direction and oversight for the field growing, processing, cleaning, grading and bareroot storage operation, using their extensive horticultural knowledge and communication skills to lead a team in producing quality plants in a timely manner for the White Flower Farm customer.
- Field Management: Manage all field functions and staff encompassing the processes of soil management, planting, irrigation, fertilization and pest management, harvest, division and storage. Focus on cost management at every level to ensure competitive pricing of top quality plants for our customers. Execute the timely production of crops as forecasted by the Director of Horticulture. Work with Controller on field product costing. Maintain communications with Torrington staff in need of product status updates.
- Equipment Operation: Become proficient in safe and effective operation of all field equipment.
- Plant Sourcing: Work with Director of Horticulture and Nursery Manager to determine which plants should be field grown by White Flower Farm vs outsourced.
- Budgeting: Compile, monitor and adjust annual budgets for field operations.
- Staffing: Manage and develop staff to support field growing operations. Provide staff development programs to support corporate goals.
- Safety: Actively support and contribute to the health and safety of all staff at the Litchfield site. Maintain Pesticides Applicator licenses for field applicators and maintain required records for compliance.
- Other projects: As assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2 years or more of Field Crop Management or related experience.
- Demonstrated Personnel Management experience.
- PC proficiency in MS Office for Windows, especially Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to gain private pesticide applicator’s license.
- Experience with Integrated pest management a plus.
- Willingness to travel and participate in Company events.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, intelligently and concisely in the horticultural arena.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel spreadsheet information management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to move self in different positions to accomplish tasks to include lifting up to 40lbs and bending.
- Ability to operate equipment.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors to include in all weather conditions.
For additional information, email email@example.com or apply on Indeed link.
WFF is an ADA/EEOC employer