Job Title: Staff Horticulturist
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Send Resume to: Troyg@clubsienna.com
Community and Facility Overview
Sienna in Missouri City, Texas is one the nation’s premier master-planned communities. Spread over 10,500 acres and home to over 11,000 + families – and still growing, Sienna is managed by the Sienna Associations. Sienna is known for its natural beauty, recreational facilities, and its family-friendly environment.
This position is responsible for all of the functions relating to compliance, maintenance and landscaping for all entities (SRA, SPOA, SCA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform field inspections of common areas, parks and greenbelts;
- Inform landscape contractor of issues that need correction to maintain the Associations and landscaping specifications and follows up with contractor until issues resolved;
- Informs Water Manager and Operations Coordinator of maintenance issues observed in the field;
- Develops plant material section and landscape design for new or renovation landscape areas with relevant staff, contractors and stakeholders;
- Work to maintain overall plant health of the Associations landscape through education, observation and recommendation of preventative and stakeholders;
- Oversee contractors engaged to service community, develop bid specifications and bid contracts as needed. Maintain related documents.
- Recommend and develop policies and procedures for maintenance and landscaping.
- Prepare annual budgets, manage expenses, and process payables for all areas within Operations.
- Service customers directly or through staff, consistent with adopted policies and philosophies on customer service.
- Conveyance walks for new areas from developer to Association for maintenance hardscape and landscape.
- Communicate key operational matters to staff, membership, board, other volunteer groups or others working with or through SRA, SPOA, SCA. Communications include routine responses to issues, various reporting (verbal or in writing), newsletter articles, etc.
- Confirm irrigation inspection are being completed by contractors. Select few irrigation controllers and inspect the system for issues.
- Check playground and park equipment for any repairs needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Bi-lingual preferred.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentage, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions n mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, spreadsheet software, order processing software Database software, internet software, email and GIS (beneficial).
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver’s License
This position supervises the maintenance and compliance groups and related contractors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to outdoor weather conditions regularly. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The job duties listed in this job description may not be inclusive of all requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor