Beautifully maintained property of more than 1300 acres of grounds, landscapes, and gardens is seeking a full time Grounds Crew Supervisor. From lawn care to weeding to snow removal after winter storms, this person will lead the Grounds Crew to ensure the property is well maintained and that every guest that visits the property is amazed with our stunning views.
Position Title: Grounds Crew Supervisor/ Grounds Supervisor
Location: Trump Winery in Charlottesville, VA - 15 minutes south of Charlottesville city limits
Hours: Full-time on site, 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 7 am - 3:30 pm, weekend availability required. Given the nature of the position, work days/schedules may flex due to weather or other conditions and may include weekends or overtime as needed.
Wage: $18-$20/hr Depending on experience + Excellent Full Time Benefits
See why we’ve been named “one of the best places to work in Charlottesville”. We offer:
- Employee medical premium paid 80%, dependents paid 40% with low and no deductible options
- 80% employer paid premium for dental and vision
- 26 days paid time off (vacation, sick, and holiday)
- 401k after one year with up to 6% company match
- Voluntary Life, AD&D, and Accident plans available
- Oversees and assists with completion of groundskeeper tasks included but not limited to: weeding, watering, planting, sweeping, raking, snow removal, edging, shrub bed renewal/installation/repair, mulching, seeding, exterior/interior plant care, trimming, pruning, transplanting, propagation of plant material, composting
- Set priorities and organize work flow of the grounds team in order to be efficient and effective while also taking the guest experience into consideration.
- Maintains and repairs tools, equipment and structures, such as buildings, greenhouses, fences, and benches, using hand tools, power tools, and equipment
- Provides proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, burial sites and other ground features
- Maintain a safe working environment through the use of safe work practices, safe use of equipment and proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Provide assistance as needed completing and collaborating on projects/tasks
- High School Graduate or G.E.D
- Previous supervisory experience of 2+ years or more
- Previous work in the general landscape or related field required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Chainsaw safety training preferred
- Forklift safety certification preferred
- Certified pesticide applicator or registered technician preferred
- Basic Spanish speaking skills a plus
Trump Vineyard Estates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Vineyard Estates, LLC participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).