Summary: The Lawn Maintenance Field Manager oversees the mowing and fertilizer crew leaders and the maintenance of all accounts while interfacing with clients and suppliers as well. This position is a management-level role and is directly responsible for the safety, quality, efficiency, and staffing of all lawn maintenance crews.
Objective & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the production of 6 mowing crews and 2 fertilizing crews.
- Perform mowing and fertilizing services as needed.
- Hold a daily morning huddle with crew leads to ensure team success.
- Review and approve daily time entries in the operations software program.
- Ensure that all accounts are kept on schedule and on budget, provide constant feedback.
- Perform site audits to monitor lawn quality and submit findings into CRM program.
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed and passing gate checks every week.
- Conduct planned training session as well as on-site visits as needed.
- Ensure all equipment and tools are maintained properly.
- Thoroughly understand and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the company strategic plan.
- Work with production team on snow removal operations during the winter months.
- Meet efficiency and throughput goals for lawn teams.
- Meet training and safety goals.
- Meet equipment and tools budget.
- Maintain a positive customer feedback survey score.
- Maintain a positive employee feedback survey score.
Desired Experience and Education:
- 5+ years working in the field on lawn maintenance crews.
- 3+ years of management / supervisory experience.
- Must be an expert in mowing and fertilizing applications.
- Pesticide applicator’s license.
- Comfortable with technology such as Microsoft Office, email, CRM and operations software, mobile apps.
- Exposure to scheduling and logistics; must know Omaha area map very well.
- Working knowledge of fleet equipment and trucks used in the industry.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving and criminal record.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a PLUS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive, and charismatic demeanor at all times.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Total compensation of $50,000 - $60,000, DOE
- Profit share bonus if earned
- Paid time off and holidays
- Health and dental insurance 50% company paid
- Simple IRA plan with company match
- Paid parental and bereavement leave
- Wellness reimbursement plan
- Company cell phone and truck
- Uniform reimbursement
- Friday’s off during the months of January and February
- Yard & service discounts for you and your immediate family
- Relaxed and positive company culture (we work hard but like to have fun!)
Reports to: Operations Manager
Works closely with: Maintenance Production Manager, General Manager, Field Managers, Fleet and Equipment Mechanic
Direct reports: 14-17 employees
Dress code: Approved logo apparel or uniform, khaki pants and steel toed boots