As a Perennial Grower at Pleasant Valley Farms, you will be responsible for:
- Moisture Management and the implementation of correct Irrigating timing and techniques
- Implementations of Fertility programs for multiple crop species
- Chemical applications for corresponding pests and diseases following safety procedures
- Soil testing and record keeping
- Ability to train and supervise seasonal and full-time employees
- All other duties as needed
- Minimum of three years’ experience of commercial greenhouse experience with emphasis on perennials
- Degree in Horticulture, Biology, Chemistry, or a related science field a plus but not required
- Flexible with the ability to work weekends and holidays during the busy seasons
- Ability to work in greenhouse and outdoor settings in temperature ranges of 110F to below freezing
- Ability to lift and carry items up to 50lbs.
- Knowledge of greenhouse equipment with emphasis on Argus controls and automated irrigation controls
- PGR experience a plus
- Understanding of vernalization requirements for perennial crops
Our ideal candidate will be a detailed oriented, enthusiastic person with a willingness to take responsibility to work effectively as an individual as well as with a team to continually improve the quality of plants being produced. Pleasant Valley Farms is a continually growing company with a lot of opportunity for growth. Salary will be decided on experience and qualifications.
Please include a cover letter with your application.