Pleasant Valley Farms is a wholesale greenhouse in Van Buren, Arkansas supplying ornamental bedding plants and herbaceous perennials to Arkansas, Southern Missouri and Eastern Oklahoma. We are looking for a hands on, experienced Head Grower with a deep knowledge of commercial production of ornamental bedding plants and herbaceous perennials to lead our team of growers and grower assistants. The ideal candidate will have strong organization, communication and decision making skills.
- Oversee all plant production from seed and cutting until finish
- Responsible for direction and scheduling of Growers and Grower Assistants
- Training staff in stages of moisture management and good irrigation practices
- Creating and implementing fertility and pesticide plans for entire farm
- Identification of pests and nutritional disorders and the required corrective measures
- Communication between departments with emphasis on priority items
- Responsible for all environmental controls within the greenhouses with emphasis on Argus and Cherry Creek controls
- Ensure labor is used efficiently and effectively
- 5 Years experience with emphasis on commercial growing
- Degree in Horticulture or related field
- 2+ years experience in supervisory or leadership role
- Strong knowledge of annual and perennial culture requirements such as photoperiod and vernalization requirements
- Track record or producing high quality crops in large scale volumes
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced, detailed oriented, enthusiastic person with a willingness to take responsibility to work effectively as an individual as well as with a team to continually improve the quality of plants being produced. Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
Please include a cover letter with your application.