Pleasant Valley Farms is a wholesale greenhouse in Van Buren, Arkansas. We supply ornamental bedding plants and herbaceous perennials to Arkansas, Southern Missouri and Eastern Oklahoma. We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate plug/propagation grower to manage our young plant facility. They will be responsible for the direction and implementation of all aspects related to young plant production, with the ability to work independently, as well as with a team towards the company’s goals.
- Moisture management and the implementation of correct irrigation timing and techniques
- Implementations of fertility programs for multiple crop species
- Chemical applications for corresponding pests, diseases and PGR needs while following safety protocols
- Greenhouse climate manipulations for optimal plant health
- Soil testing and record keeping to company and EPA standards
- Ability to work with and train seasonal and full-time employees
- 1-2 years’ experience of commercial greenhouse experience with emphasis on young plant production
- Knowledge of greenhouse equipment with emphasis on Argus Controls and Cherry Creek irrigation systems
- Experience with insecticides, fungicides and PGRs and their application techniques
- Degree in Horticulture, Biology, Chemistry or related field a plus but not required
- Ability to lift and carry items up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work on greenhouse and outdoor settings with temperature ranges o 110
Our ideal candidate will be a detailed oriented, enthusiastic person with a willingness to take responsibility to work effectively as an individual as well as with a team to continually improve the quality of plants being produced. Pleasant Valley Farms is a continually growing company that offers a lot of opportunities for growth. Salary for the position will be determined by experience and qualifications.
Please include a cover letter with your application.