Summary: As the design and sales representative, you will work to find outdoor living solutions for clients all while keeping our company core values in mind. Company-generated leads will be provided for you to produce sales presentations that will meet gross profit, sales, and conversion rate goals. The representative will sell in all aspects landscape construction, enhancement, and property maintenance for both residential and commercial markets. The job duties are detailed below:
- Meet with property owners to establish outdoor plans for residential and commercial properties.
- Prepare landscape and maintenance estimates and designs based on company guidelines.
- Create compelling sales presentations in person and via email.
- Generate detailed work orders to set production teams up for success.
- Coordinate purchasing, staging, and delivery of materials with production managers.
- Develop relationships with sub-contractors to quote and produce work for clients.
- Work with the maintenance sales team to renew recurring service contracts.
- Professionally manage your sales pipeline all season long.
- Attend weekly sales, production, and scheduling meetings.
- Assist in snow operations during the winter months.
- Meet an annual sales goal of at least $600,000
- Meet a conversion rate goal of at least 47%
- Complete and log at least 10 follow-ups each week
- Zero past due bids at any time
Desired Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape design, horticulture, agriculture, or related field preferred; relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a landscape sales environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to sell.
- Proficient with computer programs such as Office365, design programs, CRM systems.
- Strong math skills and experience gathering take-offs and estimating time and materials.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving background.
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive demeanor, always.
- Preferred bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Must have a clean driving record and able to pass a drug test.
- Ability to self-manage and have the drive to make money.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Total compensation of $68,000 – 120,000 (base + commission)
- Profit share bonus if earned
- Paid time off and holidays
- Health and dental insurance 50% company paid
- Simple IRA plan with company match
- Paid parental and bereavement leave
- Wellness reimbursement plan
- Company cell phone and car
- Clothing apparel company paid
- Work from home flexibility
- Friday’s off during the months of January and February
- Yard & service discounts for you and your immediate family
- Relaxed and positive company culture (we work hard but like to have fun!)
Reports to: Sales Manager
Works closely with: general manager, production, supply yard, and admin teams.
Direct reports: none
Typical Hours: Mon-Fri, 7:00am-5:00pm (can expect to work some weekends and up to 55 hours some weeks)
Dress Code: casual