TITLE: Lead Grower/Operations Manager
This position will help design, build and manage a state-of-the-art indoor system to grow produce for local markets in the state of Ohio. The right person will be a highly energetic and creative individual, with vision and the desire to grow with the company and enhance the indoor growing industry. The goal is to provide a higher quality product at a more affordable price, during off seasons, when prices and quality are generally poor.
- Grower will be required to maintain organization and control of the systems and operations.
- Grower will have to manage planting, harvest, and delivery schedules for a variety of produce.
- Grower will use the automated and manual systems to maintain control of the overall system.
- Grower will need to perform, and/or supervise, basic maintenance on the system and complete tasks such as cleaning the system.
- Grower will have knowledge of how collect and report results, both operationally and financially.
PREFERRED SKILL SETS AND ABILITIES: (Including, but not limited to)
- Experienced and/or knowledgeable in growing indoors.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC and environmental control systems.
- A hands on and practical ability to diagnose and repair mechanical & electrical issues.
- Basic plumbing skills.
- The ability to record planting data to include yields and weights.
- Must be able to understand and interpret plant monitoring and documentation of growth and plant health data sets.
- Understands how to propagate, transplant, maintain, and harvest plants (including post-harvest procedures).
- Has an understanding of how to design and implement planting schedules and strategies for maximum output and efficiency.
- Can identify and treat plant health issues.
- Understands how to use historical data to drive future cultural and operational practices.
- Has the knowledge and/or experience to monitor environmental control and automation systems, as they relate to horticulture applications.
- A solid command of basic math skills.
- Good communication skills. Has the ability to efficiently convey ideas and thoughts to the entire team.
- Possesses good team building and growing skills.
- Possesses integrity and has a genuine desire to help others succeed.
- Basic budgeting skills.
- Comfortable with the use of excel.
- A fast and eager learner.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- This position would require the ability to use hands/fingers, reaching with hands and arms, walking, standing and sitting on a daily basis. Lifting up to 25 pounds.
- A degree and/or experience in horticulture with a solid knowledge in the concepts of indoor growing.
- Salary (based on the level of knowledge and experience)
- Incentives associated with financial performance.
- Medical, dental and vision.
- Vacation time.
- Holidays off.
- Continuing education.
This position will be held by an individual with the knowledge to operate indoor growing facilities for multiple fruits and vegetables. The individual must be a fast and accurate learner, with the ability to self-motivate. The following is a list of day to day responsibilities: (Including, but not limited to.) The individual should understand that this position will grow with the right person over time, and so will the daily responsibilities.
- Opening and closing of the facility for a standard work day.
- Creation and monitoring of part time employee productivity and schedules.
- Daily plant check-ups.
- Daily mechanical system check-ups.
- Creation and daily updates of operational and financial reporting.
- The state of the facility as it relates to the cleanliness and general order of things.
- Daily harvesting and packaging, when it’s time.
- Daily deliveries and vendor pick-ups.
- Documentation of all processes in order to create an operations manual.
- Will generate and follow a set of tasks that will ensure and enhance plant health and yield.
- Will work with the team to reduce and loss of production and increase the sales demand within our chosen market.
- Will help establish and handle vendor relationships.