ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, Sales and Marketing:
• Establish a floriculture program with design, install and maintenance of all annual flowers beds for RL Landscape.
• Assist Landscape Manager in proper horticulture procedures with crews.
• Follow up on sales leads promptly, striving to promote RL Landscape, customer service oriented business.
• Meet with clients to determine landscaping needs and desires, explaining the design process from the drawing table to completion of installation and/or construction.
• Take photographs of site and record necessary measurements and develop site plans and notations, as needed, at the time of initial meeting.
• Research materials for projects to ensure specifications and standards for quality are met. Solicit quotes from vendors for materials and negotiate costs to increase margins and allow for competitive estimating.
• Generate client estimates and drawings to be presented to the client with a written description of the work to be completed and a total price. Prepare internal work orders, purchase orders and construction drawings for the production and execution of sold jobs.
• Manage projects through completion assuring that implementation of designs meet customer and design expectations as specified on drawings or through the provided estimates. Provide feedback to Supervisor to see that jobs are completed per specifications.
• Acquisition of plant material for all upcoming jobs.
• Assist crew leaders in maintaining proper records. Including the time spent, equipment and materials utilized, understanding work orders, purchase orders and change orders.
• To provide information to the customer regarding additional and/or ongoing services available.
• Participate in ongoing sales promotions and assist in development of materials.
• Assist the Landscape Manager as further directed.
• Customer Service & Quality Control
• Assist with customer service calls to ensure all calls are addressed promptly, acknowledging and identifying problems. Document the problem and inform the Landscape Manager of the issue.
• Maintain open communications with customers in order to strive for excellence in service standards.
• Flexibility in meeting with customers
• Associates degree in Landscape Design or construction or related field. Sales/customer service experience preferred. Knowledge of horticulture. Minimum of 2 years practical field experience designing/installing landscape projects. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Valid driver’s license. Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
• Walk, stoop and bend
• Lift 50 lbs.
must have a valid drivers license
Full-time with excellent benefits package