This position requires daily interactions with multiple departments internally and externally. Arranges & schedules shipment of the product to the sites. Assists in monitoring and managing inventory levels by transferring products within the Company to prevent overstocking. Writes product codes in the purchasing database. Enters data on seasonal data projects. Assists the buyers with the overflow of purchasing duties. Maintains depth in the position through cross-training.
Competitive pay and benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
- 3+ years of administrative experience. Industry and/or purchasing experience a plus.
- High level of organization and planning skills with a specific ability to prioritize activities.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with seasonal work demands.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in computer applications/software such as MS Word, Excel, and Outlook e-mail applications.
Northern Nurseries is a network of Wholesale Distribution Centers, servicing the Professional Landscaper, Nurseryman, Grounds Manager, Golf Course, Municipality, and Nursery Retailer, with a diverse selection of plant material, turf products, stonescaping, and horticultural supplies.
With operations in White River Jct., Vermont; Barrington, New Hampshire; Fairport, New York; Schenectady, New York; Cicero, New York; West Suffield, CT; Wind Gap, PA; and Somerset, New Jersey.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year