Resting on 65 beautiful acres in the North Metro Atlanta suburbs in Milton, GA, Scottsdale Farms Garden Center & Nursery is considered by many as the premier destination garden center in the Southeast. Visiting families appreciate not only our plants, but also enjoy our cafe, farm animals, pumpkin patch, enchanted Christmas tree forest, playground, or simply strolling the beautiful property. It's a fun place with a close-knit team. We are looking for a professional to join our leadership team as our Annuals Department Lead.
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall management of the Annuals & Tropicals Department Lead of our Garden Center.
Annuals Department Lead Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall successful operation of the Annuals Department
- Lead a team of department associates aiming to meet ambitious sales goals, provide superior customer service, and grow beautiful annuals
- Become an integral part of hiring, training, and developing all associates within the department
- Build and maintain valuable relationships with a variety of growers and outside vendors
- Order large quantities of plant product and maintain yearly, monthly, and weekly ordering schedule to meet sales demand
- Process purchase orders for department purchases
- Have a large hand in growing a variety of annuals
- Creating a weekly staff schedule
- Foster teamwork and maintain a positive work environment
- Exemplify leadership and communication abilities to delegate efficiently
- Organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Help maintain quality plants and have plenty of stock on-hand when needed
- Assist customers
- Other duties as they arise to help ensure the success of the business
The ideal candidate should have a positive personality and horticultural experience, be self-motivated, have good communication skills, and be detail-oriented.
The position offers excellent pay (commensurate with experience), bonus plan, and paid vacation.