Qualified candidate responsible for supervision of work crews, using farm machinery/equipment, irrigation equipment to properly maintain condition affecting plant growth to assure the harvest of a quality product. Knowledgeable of ground preparation techniques needed for planting. Effective communication skills to work with a variable production workforce. Knowledgeable in the use/care of farm tractors/equipment, diggers, trucks, and other equipment needed for the operation of the Bare Root Farm. Ability to instruct subordinates in safe operation of same. Trains employees in methods required for proper plant care to include planting, pruning, hoeing, staking, tying, irrigating, and digging of plant materials. Assure supplies needed by new/transferred employees are readily available (knives, pruners, first aid kits etc.). Maintain correct records to include timecards, worksheets, inventories, production standards, planting schedule etc.) Keep Department Head informed of developing pest problems, analyze future work schedules, machinery/equipment needs, or repair & personnel needs etc.). Responsible for training/development of Assistant Foreman. Other duties as assigned.
- Horticulture experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of plant materials and conditions affecting same.
- Ability to direct a variable workforce, communication skills.
- Knowledge of farm machinery/equipment required for ground and plant maintenance.
- Knowledge of techniques required for growth/maintenance of quality plant materials.
- Must be able to maintain accurate records.
- Have valid driver’s license and meet Company criteria for insurability.
- May transport other employees as needed.
Please submit resume & minimum salary requirements